Perspiration is our bodies’ cooling system working when our body temperature is too warm, fever, or when physical exercising. Most sweat contains water mixed in salt and some body waste coming out of the pores of skin. When the skin sweats, the cooling system in the body begins.
Sweating has several health benefits that we should know as reported by Fitday.com, Friday (25/5/2012) as follows:
1. Perspiration gets rid of dangerous substances like alcohol, cholesterol, and salt form our bodies. A research has found that 30% of toxin is eliminated through sweat. Kidneys need 24 hours to get rid of dangerous toxin from the body, but sweat sends out toxin faster.
2. Blood circulation is improved. Therefore, your heart and blood vessels are healthy. When our bodies are warm, sending out sweat, our hearts beat faster to increase blood circulation. This mechanism is beneficial for long-term health.
3. Sweat beautifies our skin as it contains some small antibiotics that fight bacteria in the skin. Sweating also cleanses skin pores so that skin will look bright and smooth and it slows down premature aging and reduces effects of skin damage.
4. When you sweat, you burn calorie, thus reducing your body weight. When exercising, fat in the body is soluble and comes out of the body as sweat. Sweating can burn 300 calories per hour.
5. Stress is relieved when sweating
Sweat does not directly reduce stress or promotes your mood. However, doing physical exercises or having a sauna has a positive effect. Endorphins and other chemicals that are released during exercise naturally improve mood and reduce stress.