Food poisoning is an illness caused by eating food or beverages that have kandungna bacteria, and / or toxin, parasites, viruses or chemicals that can cause disturbances in the body's normal functions. Some of the symptoms arising from poisoning is usually mild but can be so severe and require hospitalization, some poisoning can also cause death. These symptoms are referred to abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, and some life-threatening symptoms include gaangguan on neurological function, liver and kidney.
According to the Center of Disease Control (CDC), most food poisoning due to errors in processing food, such as :
- Leaving the food has been prepared food at a good temperature for bacteria to grow.
- Error re-cooking or warming food.
- Contamination by the hands of food handlers (cooks)
Some things to do if some cases of poisoning, especially in poisoning with symptoms of diarrhea :
- Rehydration and electrolyte supplementation is appropriate.
- So there is no shock because less fluid Liquid absorber to reduce the loss of fluids such as kaopektat, aluminum hydroxide.
- If symptoms remain persistent for more than three days, then the most appropriate thing to do is bring the victims to hospitals to receive treatment more intensif, for symptomatic treatment alone is not enough, the victim should receive more intensive intravenous fluids. And at the hospital can do better diagnosti examination.
To prevent food poisoning, we should do :
- A good system management hiegen
- Good food processing
- Avoid contamination from any.
- Store food in suitable temperature (<5oC for food that is stored in the refrigerator and> 60oC for hot food).
- Avoid eating acid foods packaged in containers made of metal.
- Avoid eating wild mushrooms.
- Avoid eating undercooked foods.