Usually we just think our grandparents, because most older people have trouble seeing. But contrary to popular belief, vision problems occur in childhood and adolescence. Research shows that 1 in 5 school children suffer from vision problems. A child has no way compare to seeing is good or not and is unlikely to complain, which can cause serious problems for learning and health.
Symptoms can be:
- Difficulty reading: When you read a book, watch if you need to approach it from the eyes or if it is necessary to remove him. Note the letters are blurry middle, as if a cloud of smoke over their eyes.
- Flashing: Make sure you blink often to focus on some object or while reading.
- Exaggerated sensitivity to light: In bright light the person can not fully open their eyes, which then begin to tear.
- Frequent Stye: It is an inflammation usually located on the eyelids, as if a large spine, leaving the area red and swollen.
- Headaches: usually during or after reading or watching television.
- Dizziness, are also frequent during the reading.
If you have any of these symptoms should consult an ophthalmologist will do some tests to confirm whether or not you have vision problems. If confirmed, can you hear some weird names as well as nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. But it need not be scared. These are the specific names for each problem. Want to know?
So, check below:
Myopia - Difficult to see from afar
Hyperopia - Difficulty seeing up close
Astigmatism - The picture is blurred, half blurred due to a change in the cornea (the transparent layer on the colored part).
After that, surely you should wear glasses. And do not even think of getting upset and think you''re the only one. On the contrary. The glasses will make you see everything, and right. Whether near or far. And besides, nowadays, there are sunglasses with frames and modern. Can be colored, round or square, large or small. There are even some in which the frames are so thin they are almost imperceptible.
Just pick one that you feel good or to do a collection. Have you ever thought how nice glasses use a different every day?
So nothing to be afraid of going to the doctor to take the exam. You see life with new eyes.
ALERT THE PUBLIC
This year there were more than 16,000 cases between February and April in Rio de Janeiro. Because of this, people should be aware of the risks of a new outbreak in the city.
Conjunctivitis causes inflammation in the membrane covering the outside of the eye (conjunctiva).
Because it is a viral disease has no treatment, drug or vaccine. So the only way to fight disease is prevention.
What is conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is inflammation of the conjunctiva, and thin transparent membrane that lines the front of the eyeball (the white of the eye) and the inside of the eyelids. In general, attacks both eyes, can last from one week to 15 days and does not usually have bad effects.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN CAUSES?
· Eye contamination with bacteria or viruses. The two types of infection are contagious. Viral conjunctivitis is the most often cause epidemics.
· Chemical irritation is another cause of conjunctivitis. The cause may be air pollution, soaps, sprays, makeup, chlorine, cleaning products, etc..
• Some people have allergic conjunctivitis (seasonal), due to allergy to pollens.
CONJUNCTIVITIS AS IS PROVIDED?
It can be through direct contact with eye secretions of an infected person transmitted mainly by hands, towels, cosmetics, or indirectly through instruments, surfaces, or contaminated solutions. Contamination is very common within the family environment, that is, the direct and indirect contact of an infected individual to another of the same family.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
The combination of various symptoms may be present in as conjunctivitis: itching, red eyes and excessive tearing, blurred vision, and sensitive to light, swollen eyelids, and it can also occur headache, malaise and swelling in the lymph.
What are the preventive method?
Avoid the eyes by hands and keep them clean. Because it is a disease spread through contact with anything contaminated, the health care must be rigorous.
Do not share pillows, towels and bath, soaps, glasses, makeup or any other object to be cleaned.
Clear eyes only with disposables.
Do not attend collective environments such as malls, cinemas, swimming pools and beaches.
Patients should be removed from the workplace and school to avoid the chain of disease transmission, for a period of 15 days.