/* Style Definitions */
Definition: Oldest reference to aphrodisiac is found in Indian books.
vajikarana, the Sanskrit word, defines as an aphrodisiac any substance that
restores or increases sexual power and desire
Since the start of civilization
thousands of years ago man has tried to find the food which not only increase
the libido but also the sexual powers of the man. The more the ancient
civilization more aphrodisiac foods it has. India is a very old civilization
and it has given the world Ayurveda , which is arguably one of the best way to
treat most diseases. In old times since there was always shortage of food, so
the person suffering from chronic hunger would surely be suffering from
decreased libido. So there are lots of foods which have been scientifically
proved to be aphrodisiac. These food were used to treat not only libido
problems but also keep the child producing population in good sexual health.
These foods increased both male and female sexual potency.
Not all the foods were thought to be
aphrodisiac. There were certain special foods which are thought to have these
powers to give maximum power. Usually the foods which nature give as seeds or
semen were considered as powerful food enough to keep you going sexually
strong. These foods have not only been well documented in various old
civilizations like India, Greece, Egypt, Middle East and Aztec civilization.
Though there are countless foods
which qualify as aphrodisiac but here i am only going to list the ones which
are easily available everywhere.
The top 20 Aphrodisiac food are
1. Almonds: Almond oil
is supposed to be good for most of things including eye sight and memory.
Almonds are supposed to increase the female fertility.
2. Aniseed: Aniseed is
used in countless dishes and it is supposed to be very aphrodisiac. It was
mainly used in European Civilizations (Roman and Greek). Sucking on seeds
Leads to increase in sexual desire.
3. Asafoetida: Haldi as it is called In India is supposed to be not only
aphrodisiac but also it is used as antiseptic. It is used as sexual stimulation
food in Ayuverdic medicine.
4. Asparagus: Asparagus is supposed to be very strong aphrodisiac food.
It is supposed to give results in 3 days. Boil it or steam it both ways it
works very good.
5. Avocado: This fruit was used in Aztec civilization and the name given
to this fruit by them was testicle fruit. The way this fruit grows resembles
testis of a male and thus thought to increase male power.
6. Banana: The shape of banana resembles male organ. This fruit gained
its popularity as strong male aphrodisiac during the middle ages in Muslim
areas of Middle East. The Muslim armies were fed on this fruit during the 100
7. Basil: Basil is supposed to increase the sexual drive.
8. Cardamom: Cardamom has been used in Indian medicine as aphrodisiac
since ancient times. Kings were given food rich in cardamom to produce more and
9. Chocolate: In the south American civilization the chocolate gained
popularity as aphrodisiac food and since now it has been medically proven that
it has more antioxidant properties than any other fruit so it helps in fighting
cancers along with fighting fatigue.
10. Carrots: Carrots anyone can find anywhere on this earth. It is
supposed to be male aphrodisiac and was only popular in Middle East.
11. Cilantro ( Coriander) : Again this was only popular in Middle east and in other
civilization there is no mention of this food as increasing any kind of sexual
12. Figs: Though it is not easily available everywhere and not a cheap
fruit, but i included this because this fruit is supposed to be very strong
female aphrodisiac food since ages and in all civilization. It is said that if
you eat this fruit in presence of your female lover is very erotic.
13. Ginger: Ginger is supposed to be very hot in Ayurvedic medicine
and has very good effect on circulation of blood which results in strong male
performance in bed.
14. Honey: Honey was something Egyptians thought is very strong
aphrodisiac. May be honeymoon came from because of honey sexual powers.
15. Mustard: This is Indian seed and is supposed to work real well when
roasted. It was routinely used in ancient India as Aphrodisiac.
16. Nutmeg: Nutmeg has been very popular as female stimulant in Chinese
Civilization. Usually it was taken as powder which was sprinkled on soups.
17. Oysters: These were popular female aphrodisiac foods in Roman
civilization in second century AD. It was consumed by rich Roman girls as this
is very costly food even at that time.
18. Saffron: Saffron in Indian medicine is a very powerful aphrodisiac.
It is usually taken with almonds and milk for the best effect. It not only
gives more power but also make it last longer too.
19. Strawberries: This food was popular in Europe before the Europeans took
it all over the world. This fruit is rich in Vit. C which elevates the mood and
since it is so good in taste too, may be it helps in create an atmosphere for
the nice evening with lover.
20. Wine: Wine all over the world has been thought to be good
Aphrodisiac food. Even in ancient civilizations like China, Greece, Roman,
India, Aztec and even in Muslim civilizations it was considered as good
aphrodisiac food, may be because people tend to lose inhibitions after