Evolution on the smartphones are indeed exhilarating. BlackBerry Storm 9530 live up to its expectation of "press and be impressed" ads that are extauntingly memerising products of first touch screen model by Research In Motion (RIM). Highlights in this review describes the fascinating features of the model, specifications and access to owning the product. Some of the fascinating key features includes:
- Long lasting battery of powerful 1400 mAh battery and removable back plate for easy battery swapping, the BlackBerry Storm smartphone provides user the extended time to do what they simply love.
- Network connectivity on BlackBerry Storm are built for speed and endurance, offers fast, reliable browsing and communication coverage.
- Hi resolution display offered by BlackBerry Storm are of hi-resolution 480x360 screen displays over 65,000 colours across a large 3.25" wide screen, creating an awe-inspiring display that enhances all multimedia exhibits.
- Camera and video recording featured in BlackBerry snap pictures like a professional with the built-in 3.2 MP camera with auto-focus and auto-flash simply a notch to catch the sound and action for sharing with friends.
- Call switching which is a familiar BlackBerry phone button at the bottom of the device ensure an easy transition from browsing to call taking without compromising current on-screen data.
- SurePress touch screen navigation ensure fast navigation and accurate typing. Users are only required to slide their fingertip on the screen to move the cursor to highlight a letter, number or feature, and press the screen to input their choice.
Other available comparatively standard features includes camera (3.2 MP), built-in GPS, media player, video recording, BlackBerry Maps, Wireless Email, Organiser, Browser, Phone, Corporate Data Access and SMS/ MMS.
The BlackBerry possed a height of 4.43 inches (112.5 mm), 2.45 inches (62.2 mm) of width with the depth of 0.55 inches (13.95 mm) as indicated in the diagram. Sleek as it is, this device is almost one of the lightess BlackBerry ever lived weighting 5.5 ounces (155 grams). Battery standby time is 15 days (356 hours) up to 6 hours talk time made of 1400 mAhr removable/ rechargable crptographic lithium cell.
BlackBerry Storm built on high resolution transmissive TFT LCD 3.25 inches screen size when diagonally measured supports over 65,000 colours with user selectable font size. On screen keyboard available on Storm are of portrait SureType and Multi-tap, QWERTY landscape. Video format supported include MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV. Audio format supported are MP3, ACC, ACC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus. Storm also integrated standard polyphonic/ MIDI ringtones, MP3 ringtones, vibrate and LED indicator. Comes with it are integrated earpiece/ microphone, built-in speakerphone, 3.5mm stereo headset and bluetooth v2.0 enabled; handsfree, phone book access profile, and serial port profile are supported.
Apart from the 3.2 MP camera as described earlier, the integrated video camera depending on the amount of built-in memory available for use, the device allows a third-party microSD card to be inserted into BlackBerry smartphone to enable the video recording feature. Current onboard memory of 1GB is expandable and consist of 128 MB flash memory.
Last but not least, the device security featured password protection and screen lock, sleep mode and support for AES or Triple DES encryption when integrated with BlackBerry Enterprise Server. It captures optional support for S/MIME and is FIPS 140-2 Compliant (FIPS Validation in Progress). Wireless networks supported are UMTS/ HSPA:2100 MHz.
In the United States, the smart phones can be purchased through Amazon.com, LetsTalk, Verizon Wireless and Wirefly. In Canada, access to stocks are made through Bell, MTS, SaskTel and TELUS.