Abstract:: A well written book for young mangers to quickly grasp all about assertiveness and how to be a pace setter and stay ahead of others. It is well recognized that assertiveness will help one feel naturally confident, enjoy the respect of others and easily establish good working relationships, even with difficult and awkward people. The author has very vividly covered some very important aspects of assertiveness and guiding principles to succeed in highly competitive global market; These are:
1) Understanding your strengths and weaknesses
2) Recognizing why you behave as you do and, when that behaviour is counter-productive.
3) Learning what to do about such behaviour / attitude . so that other do avoid you.
4) Better understanding of other people to see their point of view.
5) Appreciating others and giving their dues where needed
6) Maintain composure and balance by keeping your emotions under control
7) Maintain own dignity and pride by preventing others bullying you.
8) Determining who all are the clever ones and how they flatter or manipulate you to get their purpose solved
9) Developing your personal assertiveness strategy.
10) Acquiring easy-to-learn techniques to assert and stay ahead
A very practical book for all young managers to remain firm ,tactful and successful.
Contact: Dr Sarbjit Singh , Director Apeejay College of Engineering , Gurgaon, India