Topic : Expressing Likes and Dislikes Time Allocation: 40 minutes
Opening activities : 7 minutes
Starts by asking some leading questions to arrive at the topic, here they are:
a. What do you think about weather in India?
b. What would say to Indian food?
c. What do you think about festival in India?
Main activities : 18 minutes
1. listening activities
Distributes question paper
Listening to a conversation about renting a movie
(Plays the cassette twice) or based the listening material of your choice
Discuss the question
2. answering question
Distributes the question paper about arranging the degree of like and dislike
Discusses the answer
Gives another example of expressing like and dislike
Takes some volunteer to make some example of expressing like and dislike
Distributes the hard copy of like and dislike expression and the examples
Closing activities : speaking activities 15 minutes
Let students to discuss in a group and acting it out in front of the class. Using some given situations, here they are:
1. You are shopping for T-shirts in an expensive, fashionable store. The salesman has already shown you 10-15 pieces. You do not like any. You also think they are over-priced. What would you say to him to show your dislike?
2. Your friend has had her hair styled in the latest fashion. You don’t think it suits her. What will you say to her to show dislike in answer to her question; isn’t my new hairstyle great?
3. Your friend has bought a new music cassette. You think it is terrific. What do you say to him to show your like?
4. You are shown by your close friend an old picture of him that he thinks very awkward, but you like it because it is unique, what do you say to him to show your like?
5. One day a friend of you performed her best performance, but it looks like excessive, what do you say to her to show your dislike to answer her question what your opinion about that?
6. You are invited to have dinner in your close friend’s house, there was your favorite cuisine served, but unfortunately the taste was insipid, what is your reaction?