In our environment, many people who claim to know himself. And what is known about him is different from the understanding of people who see it everyday. Why do such things often happen? Who are we?
In essence the more we tell about ourselves as to what other people hear it means we get to know ourselves, the more different means we do not know ourselves. Both the rate itself too high or too low, they do not match reality, and that means bad. This is mentally or psychologically unhealthy. People who always wear a mask will be tired, and gave a great stress on yourself.
In psychology there is a concept called the Johari Window Johari Window, or, which describes our self-knowledge. There are four windows in the Johari Window.
(1) The window opens. The things that we know about ourselves, but the other person knows. For example physical condition, profession, area of origin, and others.
(2) The window closed. The things about ourselves that we know but other people do not know. For example the contents of feelings, opinions, sleeping habits, and so on.
(3) The window blind. The things that we do not know about ourselves, but everyone else knows. For example the things that positive and negative effects on our personality.
(4) The window was dark. The things about ourselves, but our own or other people do not know. This is the area of mystery in life.
The greater the area / window is open we will get better, because then we know ourselves as well. People who have covered a larger area would have difficulty in relationships. As for those who have very large blind areas, usually to make others feel sorry for.
There are two ways to make our windows wide open, namely:
1. Willing to receive feedback, verbally and non-verbal.
a. Be willing to accept criticism, suggestions and opinions from others about ourselves. If there are people who give a very sharp criticism, it is better assessed. If you do not feel right, ask, why did he reveal that, for clarification, and not returned back beat or criticize. Criticism is a form of feedback that contain negative information about ourselves, we might consider a weakness. Should contain suggestions that criticism, because criticism is meant to show an error and should be able to tell how the way out
b. We also have to want more open up. Reveal if there uneg-uneg, irritation, annoyance and so on. Orally can be written to be expressed frankly. We can also open up the power