61. Story tellers, spies, priests, cabals and whisperers constitute the……..
a) Hidden hierarchy b) Rank and file c) Informal groups d) Clique.
62. In a strong culture, who reinforces the basic beliefs of the organization?
a) Personnel Department b) Cultural network c) Process managers
63. What does Johnson mean by cultural web?
a) Empowerment b) Entrepreneurial strategy c) Elements of culture
64. Which one of the following cannot be used to describe or influence organizational culture?
a) The paradigm b) Control system c) Organisational structure
d) Effective feedback
65. One among the following is not used to describe or influence organizational culture?
a) Intrepreneurial behaviour b) Power structure c) Rituals and routines d) Symbols, stories and myths.
66. Which one reflects what the organization is about, what it does; its missions and its values
a) Control system b) The paradigm c) Symbols d) Rituals
67. The processes in place to monitor the ongoing in an organization are called
a) Structure b) Paradigm c) Control system d) Power system
68. All EXCEPT one are the primary sources from where corporate culture has originated.
a) National culture b) dominant leaders c) type and nature of business
d) Vested interests.
69. All are the causal factors, EXCEPT one, which shape a company’s culture.
a) Employers’ association b) Customers c) Technology
70. Identify which one among the following is NOT a causal factor in shaping corporate culture?
a) Goals, values and beliefs b) Bureaucracy c) organization and resources d) Reward system and measurement.
71. One among the following is NOT a causal factor of corporate culture identified by David Drennan.
a) Legislation and Company environment b) Procedures and policies c)Antagonistic cooperation d) Information and control system.
72. National cultures within which an organization is embedded do not differ
on which one of the following dimensions?
a) Power distance b) Masculinity/femininity c) Individualism/collectivism
d)employment of strategy
73. If ‘uncertainty avoidance’ is the fourth dimension of national cultures, which one is the fifth?
a) Confucian dynamism b) Geocentrism c) Ethnocentrism d) Polycentrism
74. Power distance refers to
a) Centralisation b) Unequal Distribution c) Equal distribution
75. In low power distance nations, ….. of activities is more likely.
a) Centralisation b) Equal distribution c) Decentralization
d) Power equalisation.
76. In high power distance nations, ………… of activities exists.
a) Decentralisation b) Power equalisation c) Inequality
77. If individualism is the global ideology, ……… is the specific ideology.
a) Holism b) Equality c) Reason d) Irrationality
78. People remain integrated into strong, cohesive in-groups in……… societies
where protection in exchange for unquestioning loyalty exists.
a) Tribal b) Collective c) Agrarian d) Industrial
79. In which society, while placing emphasis on competition, managers at work are expected to be assertive and decisive?
a) High femininity b) Low femininity c) High masculinity d) Low masculinity.
80. In which society, managers use intuition and strive for consensus and place emphasis on equality, solidarity and quality of work life.
a) Low masculinity b)High masculinity c) Low femininity d)High femininity
81. …….. refers to who makes decisions, how widely decisions spread and what is power based ?
a)Power structure b) Organisational structure c) Control system
82. Which one of the following provides the ‘recipe for administrative paralysis’ ?
a) Excess decision making b) Decisions without being communicated
c) Managerial skills d) Carrying trial balloons.
83. All are the components of organizational structure, EXCEPT one.
a) Complexity b) Formalization c) Power equalization
84. Horizontal differentiation, vertical differentiation and spatial differentiation are the three parts of …………
a) Power equalization b) Formalization c)Centralization d) Complexity
85. ………. considers where decision-making authority lies.
a) Centralization b) Power equalization c) Formalization
86. ………… refers to the orientation of members, the nature of tasks they perform and their education and training.
a) Geographical differentiation b) Horizontal differentiation
c) Vertical differentiation d) Power differentiation .
87. Confucion dynamism is linked to the concept of ……..
a) Change b) modernity c) Virtue d) Growth
88. The degree to which long termism and short-termism is the dominant orientation in life is referred to as
a) Transformation b) Modernization c) Traditionalization
d) Confucian dynamism
89. Long term orientation societies do not lay emphasis on ….
a) Conspicuous consumption b) Adaptability c) Limitation on social and status obligation d) Sparing resource utilization .
90.All are important for Short-term orientation societies EXCEPT one.
a) Truth b) Virtue c) Tradition d) Quick results.
a) A Strong Culture b) Affirmative action c) Adversarial system d) Sub-Culture.