75. CEOs,HR Managers and all Senior managers need to be involved in
a) managing human resources
(b) managing production (c) Ensuring sales (d) attracting customers
76. Who takes an active role in human resource management such as appraisals?
a)CEOs (b) employees
(c) HR Staff (d) Senior managers
77. Favouratism.harrassment,discrimination, absence of consistency and confidentiality constitute
a) economic issues (b) legal isues (c) ethical issues
(d) social issues.
78. Ethical issues impinge on
a) legalism (b) Amenity (c) amoralism (d) morality
79. Management became highly systematised because of
a) Fredrick W.Taylor
(b) Elton Mayo (c) Max Weber (d) Kurt Lewin
80. Whose contribution resulted in shift in focus from individual to group of employees?
a) F.W.Taylor (b) Elton Mayo
(c) Lawler (d) Barnard
81.Whose name is associated with Hawthorne studies?
a) F.W.Taylor (b) Kurt Lewin (c) Elton Mayo
82. 'Equitable rewards induce employees' is whose suggestion?
a) Elton Mayo (b) Barnard (c) Kurt Lewin (d) F.W.Taylor
83. Who is the father of scientific management?
(b) Dunlop (c) Elton Mayo (d) Barnard
84. System of incentive payment is the brain child of ......
a) Elton Mayo (b) F.W.Taylor
(c) Rothlisberger (d) Dickson
85. The credit for changing 'environmental condition' like light and physical arrangements
in work place goes to
a) Schuler (b) Rice Rice (c) Elton Mayo
86. During which period work on individual needs and motivation began?
a) 1920s b) 1930s c) 1940s (d) 1950s and 1960s
87. Whose work represents knowledge of groups and its impact on individuals?
a) Kurt Lewin
(b) Rice (c) Taylor (d) Schuler
88. 1970s represent evolution of new discipline under the name of ....
a)Organisational sociology (b) Human resource management
(c) Personnel management
(d) Industrial Sociology
89. Structure, strategy, size, culture, life cycle of product and organisation form part of the work of
a) Medical profession (b) Legal profession (c) Human Resouce Practitioners
90. Which of the following environment becomes the concern of Human Resource Management?
a) Social (b) Economic (c) Political (d) Ecological
91. A statement about the values of employees to the firm that in turn shape HR Policy Contents is called (a) HR Philosophy
(b) HR Program (c)) HR Strategy (d) HR Function
92. Which one is the 'first step' in any human resource programme?
a) Selection (b) Planning
(c) Development (d) Training
93. Several ways in which HR activities can be done or practiced may be termed as
a) HR Planning (b) HR Department (c) HR Practices
(d) HR Roles
94. Method of data collection to back up forecast of personal needs
a) IPS (b) PAIR (c) PEEP (d) HRIS
Part played by HR Department from concept to commissioning of activities is called as
a) Human Resource Roles
(b) Specialist (c) Planner (d) Executor
96. Statement describing the values, objectives and goals of HR Department is called
a) HR Vision (b) HR Mission
(c) HR Strategy (d) HR Design
97. The person responsible for producing a product or offering services through and with employees is (a) Sales Manager (b) Purchase Manager (c) Line Manager
(d) R&D Manager
98. Those topics,areas and thoughts related to HR Management are called
a) Programs (b) Policy (c) Philosophy (d) Issues
99. Using sound judgment,managing execution and driving for results are
a) Traditional skills
b) Out-dated skills (c) New Skills (d) Modern skills
100. The essential purpose of .......... is to develop knowledge,skills and attitudes required for organizational welfare
a) Motivation (b) Training
(c) Morale (d) Selection
101. Existing skills need to be assessed while designing ..........
a) Compensation (b) Promotion (c) Training
(d) Performance appraisal
102. Educating the employees and providing them orientation is termed as
a) Introspection (b) Training (c) Retrospection (d) Induction
103. A type of compensation intended to retain employees on a long term basis
a) Fringe benefits
(b) Unemployement benefits (c) Retrenchment compensation (d) Old age pension.
104. Persons with scarce skills and abilities remain/get
a) Under-employed (b) rewards and control
(c) Terminated (d) Retrenched