Children, a gift from God, Bible verses:"When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. " (John 16:21)"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."
(Psalms 127:3-5 ESV) "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
A child is a potential productive and contributing unit of society and these rights and responsibilities must be strictly implemented so that every child will be able to gain a sense of self-worth and self-fulfillment within himself.
No one has the right to trample on any child's rights. The laws are strictly keen and specific when it comes to crimes against children's rights.
As a child…He has the right to:
- Have a name and nationality.
- Have a family who will love and care for him.
- Live in a peaceful community and a wholesome environment.
- Have adequate food and a healthy and active body.
- Obtain a good education and develop his potential.
- Be given opportunities for pay and leisure.
- Be protected against abuse, exploration, neglect, violence
- Be defended and given assistance by the government.
- Be able to express his own views.
He has the responsibility to:
- Love his family and respect his parents.
- Contribute in keeping his community clean, orderly and
- Eat healthy food, help keep his house and surroundings clean
and do activities that will keep him healthy and strong.
- Share his learning with other children and use his talents
and skills to help others.
- Help his family in doing household chores.
- Know his right sand learn skills to pursue himself.
- Obey rules and laws.
- Be responsible and respectful in words and actions.