the outer portion of which is often battered by the waves. Mangrove Rhizophora apiculata and R. mucronata grow on muddy ground. While mangrove R. stylosa and perepat (Sonneratia alba) grow on muddy sand. In a quieter part of living marine fires black (Avicennia alba) in the outer zone or zones of this pioneer. In the more inward, which is still flooded by high tide, commonly encountered mixed mangrove R. mucronata with kendeka species (Bruguiera spp.), Kaboom (Aegiceras corniculata) and others. Meanwhile, near the banks of the river, the more fresh water, common palm (Nypa fruticans), Pidada (Sonneratia caseolaris) and bintaro (Cerbera spp.). In the drier inland forests obtained nirih (Xylocarpus spp.), Teruntum (Lumnitzera racemosa), dungun (Heritiera littoralis) and wood-blind blind (Excoecaria agallocha).
Mangrove trees (Rhizophora spp.), Which usually grow in the outer zone, develop Tunjang roots (stilt root) to survive the fierce waves. The types of fires (Avicennia spp.) And Pidada (Sonneratia spp.) Grow roots breath (pneumatophore) arising from pekatnya mud to take oxygen from the air. Tree kendeka (Bruguiera spp.) Has roots knee (knee root), while the trees nirih (Xylocarpus spp.) Rooted board that extends the winding, both to support the tree upright in the mud, while also getting air for breathing. Plus most of the types of mangrove vegetation has lenticels, pore holes on pepagan to breathe.
Tricks of mangrove rehabilitation.
1. Identify the area to be rehabilitated.
2. Identify the physical factors (tide, current pattern, current velocity, substrate type, wave), biological (pest, the dominant mangrove species, survival of each seedling, mangrove fruit diseases, weeds, Epifauna) and chemical (substrate pH, content of nutrient elements) area to be rehabilitated.
3. Do seedbed with time the conditioned based on the type of seed.
4. Perform maintenance with the involvement of local communities.
5. Determine the appropriate planting pattern of seeds and planting areas.
6. We recommend that you take the seed that originates in the nearby area.
7. Better to plant mangroves in locations that most have never overgrown by mangrove.