Prohibited Women to be Married
Marriage is very encouraged in Islam. It has any benefit if we can get good and suitable partner in our life. Women are included into good criteria to be married because of their religion. Islam prohibits Muslim to marry Al-Musyrikat. Why is it so? Who are called Al-Musyrikat? Are Ahlul kitab also included into Al-Musyrikat?
Does islamic rule allow moslem to marry Al-Musyrikat
ولا تنكحوا اللمشركات حتى يؤمن
“ And don’t marry Al-Musyrikat (Idolatress, etc) till they believe (worship Allah alone).”( Al-Baqoroh: 221)
This verses shows that moslem is unallowed to marry women from Majusi and Wastani (Idolatress), but ahlul kitab ( Nasrani and Yahudi) are allowed to be married by moslem. because Allah had said:
وطعامم الذين أوتوا اللكتاب حل لكم و طعامكم حل لهم والمحصنات من المؤمنات والمحصنات من االذين أوتوا الكتاب........
“ The food ( slaughtered cattle, eatable animal) of the people of the scripture (jews and christians) is lawful to you and yours is lowful to them. ( lwfull to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who are given the scripture ( Jews and Christian)”( Al-Ma’idah: 5)
Ibnu Umar points out his view that marriage with Ahlul kitab is prohibited.
JUMHURUL ULAMA’S INSTRUCTION
1. Jumhurul Ulama’ agree that Ahlul kitab is not included into Al-Musyrikat, because Allah had said:
ما يود الذين كفروا من أهل الكتاب ولا المشركين
“ Neither those who disbelieve among the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) nor Al-Musyrikin”. ( Al-Baqoroh: 105)
لم يكن الذين كفروا من اهل الكتاب ووالمشركين
“ Those who disbelieve from among the people of the scripture ( Jews and Christians) and Al-Musyrikin were not going to leave ( their belief) until there came to them clear evidence”.( Al-Bayyinah: 1)
2. Ulama’ Salaf point out their view about permition to marry with Ahlul kitab.
Qotadah haid said in Tafsir of verses that Al-Musyrikah means Musyrikatul ‘arabiy who don’t have kitab to be read.
3. Ulama explain that a verse in surah Al-Ma’idah isn’t allowed to be abolished by Al-Baqoroh verses, because Al-Baqoroh is the first verses that revaled in Madinah and Al-Ma’idah is the last verses. And the rule/ principle is the last verses abolish the first verses.
4. The prohibition to marry Ahlul kitab is only to be careful and caution, not because from the Islamic doctrine.
5. Hadis from Abdurrahman explains that we are allowed to do the tradition from Ahlul kitab group, but not for marry their women and eating from their slaughter.
Imam Thobari points out his view that verses:
ولا تنكحوا اللمشركات حتى يؤمن
It can’t be abolished by anything. But Ahlul kitab isn’t included into Al-Musyrikat.
Umar said that men of Moslem aren’t allowed to marry women of Nasrani. However women of moslem aren’t allowed to marry with men of Nasrani.
According to us, Muslim are allowed to marry Ahlul kitab, because in Alqur’an have been explained that Ahlul kitab is not included into Al-Musyrikat. And besides that there are also many ulama’s views allowed it.