I got an invitation to attend an International seminar at Dubai, Uni Arab Emirate. It was The Fourth International Conference on Networked Digital Technology 2012. In this case I need a visa to go there (Dubai). These are the steps that i have done to get visa for Dubai :
1. I have called UAE Embassy in New Delhi. I told them that I need the visa for Dubai, what should I do? They said they don't issue Dubai Visa. If I want Dubai Visa I have to contact Emirate Airline.
2. I have called UAD Consulate in Mumbai.
I told them that I need the visa for Dubai, what should I do? They said they don't issue Dubai Visa. If I want Dubai Visa I have to contact DVPC (Dubai Visa Processing Center)
3. I have called DVPC in Dubai, they said, that since I am not Indian (Indian Visa Holder) I can not apply for Dubai Visa. DVPC in India is for Indian only. I am Indonesian.
4. I have gone directly to DVPC Hyderabad in Ameerpet. They said this Dubai Visa here is for Indian Only. They suggested me to go to Emirate Airline in Banjara Hills. And if I get a visa, I have to fly with Emirates Airline
5. I have gone to Emirate Airline in Banjara Hills, They said they only deal with the ticket, not for Visa. The teller suggested me to go to Cox and King travel agent.
6. I have gone to Cox and king travel agent, they have dubai visa agent called CnK Marhaba Dubai Visa. Bit again this is only for Indian.
7. I have gone to Balmer andd Lawrie Travel agent, the don't deal with visa, they said I can go to Dubai Visa and Marhaba Services (DVMS)
8. I have called DVMS in Hyderbad, they said that this is only for Indian
9. I called again UAE Consulate General in Mumbai, they said since I got an Invitation for a conference, the committee should provide me a visa.
10. I have called The Conference Committee, they said I can contact Akbar Travel in Hyderabad or any big travel agent in Hyderabad. From this I got an Idea, who can provide a Dubai Visa, is the travel agent. They can book a hotel and hotel in Dubai and the hotel apply a visa for his guest.
11. I have gone to Akbar Travel in Hyderbad, they said, they could not help. But I can call on number and for visa itself, I have to pay Rs 10.500,- where in the normal price is only Rs 4.500,- (DVPC or DVMS). I did not go to this man, because I don't believe him/them.
12. I have contacted DVPC in Indonesia, they said I can apply, but document requirement is very difficult. The same like DVPC for Indian i.e. Whether I have gone to USA, Schengen Country, Canada, Australia etc. I didn't have this visa. In the case I did not have those visa, I have to ave 5 lakhs rupees deposit in the bank for at least six month. This requirement is ridiculous.
13. I have gone to three travel agent in Nampally Hyderabad, Lead, Thomas Cook, and OneStop Holidays. In Leads, they said, yes I can get Dubai visa through them, but I have to apply exit permit from Ministry of External Affair office in Delhi. I was not sure with this procedure, so I did not proceed. In Thomas Cook Travel Agent, I met the Assistant Manager (Radhika Suvarna), she said yes I can get a visa but the with three choices of the hotel. She said it will cost me aroud Rs 22000 for 4 nights at those hotel plus visa fee. I have checked those hotel through internet, but those hotel is Hotel belong to India, and the price is around Rs 3000 per night. So how come it become Rs 22000?
Then I asked Radhika (Thomas Cook) to make it 3 nights, but she said it will cosr me the same. How Come? She said it is a package. It did not make sense at all
14. I have gone to Onestop Holiday, I met the managing Director, Liaqat Ali. He said yes we will do it for you. He gave me a Ibis Hotel (this is international class Hotel), and the price is the same as what Thomas Cook Gave. In one package (Ibis Hotel for 3 nights, Dubai Visa, and Emirates Airline) it costed me Rs 47.000,-.
Yes, finally I got the visa, it was electronic visa. And I flew to Dubai. As I arrive in Ibis Hotel at Deira City Cnter Dubai, they said I can not check in because the agent did not pay to the hotel yet regarding my reservation. I mailed OneStop Holiday in Hyderabad regarding this matter. Wow fantastic, the managing director it self, Mr Liaqat Ali called me from Hyderabad and solve the problem.
In my conclusion, if you want a trusted and reliable agent travel agent go to Onestop Holidays.