The Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Picture As A Media in English Teaching Learning Process
There are some advantages and disadvantage-using picture as media in teaching-learning English
There are some advantages and disadvantage-using picture as media in teaching-learning English (Zenger, 1991: 79) that are:
The advantages of using picture:
• Can stimulate and motivate students to become more observant and express themselves.
• Is inexpensive, many even be free, and fairly easy to locate.
• Can be used by individual or in groups.
• Can be displayed for as long as necessary so pupils can work at their own rate.
• Is up-to-date and can bring reality into the classroom.
• Can be used to introduce, supplement, or summarize at unit.
• Enriches reading and can help clarify misunderstanding.
The disadvantages of using picture:
• Cannot depict motion as film does
• If not unique, can seem uninteresting to pupils.
• Depicting a specific purpose might be difficult to locate.