How & BOOK REPORT Review of Literary
1, read the whole text once before;
2 nd read the text again griffin, taking notes and analyzing its contents;
Items must in works of BOOK REPORT:
- Indication of bibliographic references: author title, edition and place of publication, publisher and year it was published.
- Summary of the work studied, indicative or informative and should contain the purpose of the text, logical plan, key concepts and ideas of the author.
- Record of comments and criticisms to the same: record of perceptions taken by the reader from the text read, comments and criticisms expressed in specific parts of the work.
- Record of the ideas developed through the reading of the work: discussions about the same that can be left open, leading to further research.
- Transcript of portions of text that can serve as quotations in later works: literal or not, and may cause direct or indirect quotations.
The review is a kind of critical summary, further, there are comments and opinions, value judgments, comparisons, evaluation and relevance of the work studied and reviewed. It is not the author of the review to modify the original thought of the work. The title of the review should be different from the original title of the work, but related to it.
Review are found in the descriptive text, narrative and lecturing, describing the properties of the work, the author''s credentials, the summary, conclusion and methodology.
Sources: - MEDEIROS, J. B. Writing science: the practice of BOOK REPORT, summaries, reviews. London: Atlas, 1997
- Doni, Peter. BOOK REPORT, "an art."