Knowledge of duties and responsibilities of a teacher will help one realize why teaching is a complex and many-sided task demanding a variety of traits and abilities. Briefly stated are the following important aspects of a teacher's job.
1. Guiding the learning process. The major task of a teacher is to promote learning.
2. Counseling and guidance. Personal knowledge of his or her pupils are helpful in assisting them with their many and varied problems.
3. Sponsoring extra class activities. A teacher must develop interest in one or more activities to become familiar with the principles in planning and administering them.
4. Working with parents and the community. A teacher is expected to become familiar with the community and to work with people to improve community relationships and conditions.
5. Professional responsibilities. Maintaining high standards of personal and professional conduct by continuing to grow professionally, taking pride and faith in the sworn profession is a must for a teacher.