Dr. Asfa Widiyanto
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation)
Fachbereich Gesellschaftswissenschaften und Philosophie
Institut für Politikwissenschaft
: Room 00 006 (M floor)
My current position is that of a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Marburg, for which I obtained financial support from the Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation. My doctoral qualification was obtained from the University of Bonn (2006-2009), under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Stephan Conermann and Prof. Dr. Eva Orthmann, with financial support from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). From October 2003 to March 2005, I undertook my Masters study at the University of Leiden (Netherlands), with financial support from Indonesian-Netherlands Cooperation in Islamic Studies (INIS), and wrote a M.A. thesis under the supervision of Dr. N.J.G. Kaptein and Prof. Dr. Md. Salleh Yaapar. Before, I obtained a Masters degree from the State Islamic University Sunan Kalijaga in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. In 1999, I got my Bachelor degree from the State College for Islamic Studies in Surakarta, Indonesia.
• The Nature of Ritual and Leadership in the Subud Brotherhood and the Tariqa Qadiriyya wa Naqshbandiyya, (Berlin and Hamburg: EB-Verlag, in press)
• Seyyed Hossein Nasr on Science and the Reception of His Ideas in Indonesia, (Salatiga: STAIN Salatiga Press, 2005)
• “Spirituality amidst of the Uproar of Modernity: The Ritual of dhikr and its meanings among members of Naqshbandi Sufi order in Western Europe”, in: Al-Jāmi’ah: Journal of Islamic Studies, vol. 44 no. 2 (2006), p. 251-272
• “Naskh in the Thought of Mahmoud Mohamed Taha”, in: Ijtihad: Jurnal Wacana Hukum Islam dan Kemanusiaan, 1 (2001), p. 15-22
• “Al-Qur’an, Isu Perbudakan dan Tata Sosio-moral yang Egaliter” (The Koran, the Issue of Slavery and the Egalitarian Socio-moral Order), in: Profetika: Jurnal Studi Islam, vol. 7 no. 2 (2005), p. 184-198
• “Upaya Mencari Arti dan Fungsi Filsafat Ilmu dalam Pengembangan Pendidikan Tinggi Islam” (Attempts to Discover the Role of Philosophy of Science in Developing Islamic Higher Education), Attarbiyah: Kajian Agama Budaya Kependidikan, 2 (2005), p. 211-230.
Political Islam in Southeast Asia; Inter-religious relations in Southeast Asia; Comparative religion; Mysticism; Islamic philosophy.