Can not imagine the world without plants ...? It must be stuffy and creatures really like us and the animals in the world would die because of running out of oxygen.Yup, the plants are living things that have value are very important in the ecosystem of our earth is getting warmer. And the world has a wide variety of plants and uniqueness that we did not imagine before. Do not believe? Consider the following facts:
- Did you know the size of the largest flower in the world? If you answered arnoldii Rafflesia , then your answer is wrong. These plants can indeed grow up to three feet wide and can reach 11 kg weight. These plants only appear in the forests of Sumatra and Borneo. But, did you know that Amorphophallus titanum , or known by the name of The Titan Arum can reach three feet high with a height of up to 3 meters, and be able to weigh 80 kg or about 170 pounds! If you want to know the shape of the flower, look at 500 rupiah banknotes earlier times, yup that's carrion flower ever found in the interior of Sumatra.
- If there's largest flower in the world, surely there is a flower with the smallest size in the world. Record holder in the world's smallest flower falls on the plants on the type of the genus Wolffia , a plant without roots that are very small on the type of duckweed family(Lemnaceae) that live in still water streams and ponds. This plant is also considered a plant with the smallest size in the world. There are two species of the genus Wolffia, namely Wolffia Augusta, Australian species, and Wolffia globosa, a tropical species. On average these plants only have a size not more than 1 mm, with average weight of just 150 micrograms!
- Almost all plants derived from seed (seed). Did you know that the seeds that have the greatest size and weight of the world is the Coco-de-Mer Palm (Lodoicea maldivica)originating from the Seychelles Islands in the Indian Ocean. Its length can reach 12 inches with a weight can reach 40 pounds. While the seed that has the smallest size in the world is derived from the family of orchids (Orchidaceae) . One seed weighs only reach 1/35.000.000 ounce!
- Once before, a tree with a record of the highest in the world falls on a tree in Redwood National Park is named after the Stratosphere Giant . Height is 113 meters. But suspected that record has been broken by the discovery of three trees in the same park.Allegedly, the height of the tree called Hyperion could reach 115.2 meters. Until now still waiting for confirmation to assign Hyperion become the world's tallest tree.
- Want to know what the largest organism on earth? Elephants? Not. Blue Whale? Nor was it. The answer is a type of fungus (Fungus) called Armillaria ostoyae or honey mushroom that dihidup in Malheur National Forest in eastern Oregon, USA. Fungi that live about 3 feet below the ground surface and has an area of approximately 890 acres and at least 2400 years old, and even more! Believe it or not, the organisms that live under the ground it was not the hordes of mushrooms, but only one fungus alone!
- Want to know what types of plants from the dinosaur age still exist today? The answer is the maidenhair tree, or known by the name of the species Glinkgo or Glinkgo Biloba .Plant species that have existed in the Jurassic and the Triassic period (135-210 million years ago)!