a few @ she has been here only two weeks, but she has already made a few friends
(positive idea : she has made some friends).
a little @ I'm very pleased. I've been able to save a little money this month.
( positif idea : I have saved some money instead of spending all of it)
a few and a little give a positive idea, they indicate that something exists, is present ,as in (a) and (b)
few @ I feel sorry for her . He has few friends,
( negative idea : she doen't have many friends, she has almost no friends)
little @ I have little money. I don't have enough money to buy food for dinner.
( negative idea : I don't have much money, I have almost no money)
few and little ( without a ) give a negative idea, they indicate that something is largerly absent.
1. I think that ....lemon juice on fish makes it taste better
2. Many people are multilingual, but ............peolple speak more than ten languages
3. ...........sunshine is better than none
4. January is cold and dreary month in the northern states. There is .........sunshine during that month.
5. My parents like to watch TV. Every evening they watch .........programs on TV before they go to bed.
6.I don'y watch TV very much because there are .......television programs that I enjoy.
7. If a door squeaks,.....drops of oil in the right places can prevent future trouble.
8. If your door squeaks, put ....oil on the hinges.
9. Mr. Adama doesn't like to wear rings on his finger. He wears .....jewelry