According to the medical, the situation when people are asleep or waking up feeling like strangling shortness of breath, chest tightness, difficult to move and hard body screaming called sleep paralysis sleep paralysis alias (because the body can not move and seemed paralyzed). Almost everyone has experienced it. At least once or twice in his life.
Sleep paralysis can happen to anyone, male or female. And the average age of first time this sleep disorder is 14-17 years. Sleep paralysis is an alias of this superposition can take place within seconds to minutes. Interestingly, when overlap occurs, we often experience hallucinations, like seeing a black shadow figure or in the vicinity of the bed. No wonder, this phenomenon was often associated with mystical things.
In the Western world, a phenomenon often referred to as the superposition of nightmares or old Hag inkubus shadows appear on the form. There are those who feel see foreign or alien secret agent. While in some medieval paintings, the superposition of an evil spirit represented by the figure of a woman's breasts sit until it was fear and difficult breathing.
According to Al Cheyne, researchers from the University of Waterloo, Canada, sleep paralysis , hallucinations because there is a malfunction in the level of sleep rapid eye movement (REM).
As knowledge, based on brain waves, sleep is divided into four stages. Stages is the lightest level of sleep (we are still semi-conscious), the deeper stages of sleep, the deepest sleep and REM stage. At this level the dream happen.
When the condition of the body is too tired or too little sleep, brain waves do not follow the stages of sleep should be. So, from the unconscious (when going to sleep) to the lightest level of sleep, and jump directly to a dream (REM).
When the brain suddenly awakened from a REM but your body is not, this is wheresleep paralysis occurs. We feel very conscious, but the body can not move. In addition there appear hallucinations other figure is actually typical of a dream.
In addition, sleep paralysis can also be caused by something that can not be controlled. As a result, stress and misrepresentations appear in dreams. Shall follow the working environment influence. For example, you work in shifts so that lack of sleep or have irregular sleeping patterns.
Do not Assume Spam
Although common, these sleep disturbances should be to Watch. Because, sleep paralysis , may also be a sign of narcolepsy (sudden sleep attacks without signs of sleepiness), sleep apnea (snoring), anxiety, or depression.
If you often experience sleep disturbances, should take notes on sleep patterns for several weeks. This will help you discover the cause. Then, overcome by avoiding triggers. When overlap caused too tired, try to relax more.
Lack of sleep can not be taken for granted. If you are a cause of sleep paralysis , condition means are concerned. Immediate need for self evaluation and sufficient sleep. Try to sleep 8-10 hours at the same hour every night.
Please also note, seep paralysis generally occurs in people who sleep in the recumbent position (face facing up, and almost in a state close to sleep or waking from sleep). That's why we need to frequently change sleeping position to reduce the risk of sleep disorders plague.
Well, if overlap with other symptoms, it's good to see a doctor immediately to sleep or the sleep laboratory to be examined further. Usually the doctor will be asked when the overlap begins and has been going on for how long. Note that you have created earlier will be helpful when memeriksakan yourself to the doctor.
Myth Sleep paralysis in Various Countries
- In Afro-American culture, sleep disturbances is called the devil riding your back ghost or ghosts are riding the shoulders of a person.
- In Chinese culture, called shen gui alias so that pressing the interference ghost's body.
- In Mexican culture, referred to se me subio el muerto and trusted as the occurrence of the deceased person died a stick on one.
- In the culture of Cambodia, Laos and Thailand, called pee umm, referring to incidents in which sleep and dreaming of a ghost body memegangi or detain that person to live in their environment.
- In the culture of Iceland, called relatives. It is said the ancient languages Island. This means that the chest of a ghost who sat in the evening, trying to make people's shortness of breath and suffocation.
- In a culture Tuki, called karabasan, are believed to attack the creature at the time the bed, pressing the chest of a person and take napasnya.
- In Japanese culture, called kanashibari, which is literature interpreted to mean a binding bound by spirits.
- In the culture of Vietnam, called ma de a means dominated the devil.Many Vietnamese people believe the disorder is caused by evil spirits enters a person's body.
- In a culture of Hungary, called lidercnyomas and associated with said boszorkany supernatural (witches). Boszorkany own words means pressing until this incident be interpreted as pressure on the tiny creatures at the time of a bed.
- In the culture of Malta, sleep disturbances are regarded as an attack by Haddiela (wife Hares), the god of the people of Malta for people in a manner such person enters. And to protect from attacks Haddiela, one must put the things of silver or a knife under the pillow during sleep.
- In the culture of New Guinea, this phenomenon is called Suk Ninmyo.This is the sacred tree of life from the spirit of man. This sacred tree of the human soul will eat in the evening so as not to disturb people in the day. However, often the soul is awakened and disantap this tree, there was sleep paralysis .