The conflict comes from the Latin verb meaning configere hit each other. Sociologically, the conflict is defined as a social process between two people or more (can also group) in which one party trying to get rid of the other party to destroy it or making it helpless.
No one community had never experienced any conflicts between members or with other community groups, the conflict will only disappear with the loss of society itself.
Conflicts motivated by differences in the characteristics that brought the individual in an interaction. these differences are related to physical characteristics such as, intelligence, knowledge, customs, beliefs, and so forth. With dibawasertanya individual characteristics in social interaction, conflict is a normal situation in any society and any society is not one who has never experienced conflict among members or with other community groups, the conflict will only disappear with the loss of society itself.
Contrary to the integration of conflict. Conflict and Integration runs as a cycle in the community. Conflicts in control will result in integration. conversely, imperfect integration can create conflict.
Definition of conflict
There are several terms of the conflict, according to some experts.
1. According Taquiri in Newstorm and Davis (1977), conflict is a legacy of social life that may be applicable in different circumstances than berbangkitnya circumstances due to disagreement, controversy and conflict between two parties or more parties in berterusan.
2. According to Gibson, et al (1997: 437), in addition to creating a cooperative relationship, interdependent relationships can also result in conflict. This occurs if the individual - each component has an interest or purpose of the organization itself - its own and does not cooperate with each other.
3. According to Robbins (1996), the existence of conflicts within the organization in an organization is determined by the perception of individuals or groups. If they are not aware of conflicts within the organization in general it is considered there is no conflict.Conversely, if they perceive that the organization has no conflict then the conflict has become a reality.
4. Viewed as a behavior, conflict is a form minteraktif occurring at an individual level, interpersonal, group or organizational level (Muchlas, 1999). This conflict is primarily at an individual level which is closely related to stress.
5. According to Minnery (1985), Conflict of organization is the interaction between two or more parties are related to each other and interdependent, but separated by goal difference.
6. Conflict within an organization often not symmetrical occurs only one party who are aware and respond to conflict. Alternatively, one party perceives the other party which has been or will attack negatively (Robbins, 1993).
7. Conflict is an expression of conflict between individuals with other individuals, groups with other groups for several reasons. In this view, the dispute reflects differences between two or more individuals who expressed, remembered, and experienced (Pace & Faules, 1994:249).
8. Conflict can be felt, known, expressed through communication behaviors (Folger & Poole: 1984).
9. Senantisa conflict centered on a few main causes, namely the objectives to be achieved, the allocation of resources - resources shared, decisions made, and the behavior of each party involved (Myers ,1982:234-237; Kreps, 1986:185; Stewart, 1993:341).
10. Interaction is called the communication between individuals from one another, will undeniably lead to conflict within the different levels - different (DeVito, 1995:381)