Speech is the submission and the planting of thoughts, information or ideas from the speaker to the public. To be able to speak well have to prepare a material of speech to be delivered. Speech material can be arranged completely or only the subjects only.
There are three main steps that need to be considered in drafting the speech that is:
1. Researching the problem
• Define the topic and purpose of speech. Topics for discussion is the issue raised. Topics to be presented should attract the attention of the speaker and listener. The purpose of the talks related to the expected response from the audience.
• Analyze the audience and situation. Analyze the audience and the situation being done to find out who the audience and in what situations the speech would be delivered. Things that must be considered in analyzing the audience listening to a description of the purpose visitor speech, customs or ways of life of listeners, and where the event took place.
• Selecting and narrowing the topic. The topic is too broad to be restricted in order to focus more and more focused discussion.
2. Develop descriptions
• Gather materials. To be able to make a speech, it must gather the necessary materials in accordance with the topic of conversation. Many sources can be used as speech material, such as reading, listening or the results of a memorable experience.
• Creating a framework description. The materials that we''ve gained prepared in accordance with the framework description.
• Describe in detail. In preparation of the manuscript should use words that are appropriate and effective that it clarifies the description.
3. Practicing speech
The method used speech after speech preparation namely:
• Methods to memorize. This method is a bit inconvenient because we have to memorize it word for word. The speech by this method can be used for a short speech in formal situations.
• Methods manuscript. The method by reading the script a bit stiff. Moreover, if not familiar, eyes focused only on the script while the listener is neglected.
• Methods ekstemporan. This method is considered the most ideal. In this method the speaker to prepare a complete manuscript to be delivered in speeches, but in practice the script does not be read like the script method. Script of Speech serves as a record material to be delivered.
Structure of speech script writing consists of the opening section, content, and cover.
Active and Creative Bahasa Indonesia, Adi Abdul Samad, Aminudin, Yudi Irawan, Perbukuan Centre Ministry of Education, 2008