Acne scars, you don’t have to bear them. Commercial products that make claims to dissolve unsightly acne scars can be pricey. Before you go out and spend the big bucks, why not try these acne home remedies. They may just save you a bunch of dough!
Following are the most popular and effective acne scar home remedies by the well-known beauty experts at Cherie:
1. Fresh juice from lemons or limes – Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl. Dip a cotton ball into the juice and dab the juice directly onto the acne scars letting it absorb into the skin. Gently rinse your face after about 15 minutes. Pat dry with a warm towel. The use of lemon or lime juice is good for lightening the unsightly blemishes and scarring as a result of acne.
2. Sliced tomatoes. Inhibiting the production of sebum, tomatoes are great at reducing acne and acne scarring. The vitamin A they contain is an antioxidant which helps skin that is damaged.
3. Olive oil – Used in small amounts, it is better than commercial products as a moisturizer. I use it daily on my face. It smooths and softens the skin, according to Byrdie.com.
4. Honey – A great natural moisturizer, use a small amount on the affected area. It is also beneficial to consume honey. The best choice is raw honey, available in most health food stores.
5. Tomato and cucumber mask – Combining the nutrients of these two vegetables reduces scarring from acne. The combo evens the texture of your skin and tightens pores.
6. Ice Cubes – As soothing relief use a bag of ice cubes on the affected area. Rub the ice bag gentle on scars to shrink pores.
7. Fenugreek facial masks – A mask of fenugreek leaves mixed with a carrier oil, such as olive or vitamin E. Mixed together and applied to the affected area will help reduce acne scars. Also effective is a brew made from fenugreek seeds. In a small pot simmer a cup of water. Add fenugreek seeds and simmer together for about 5 minutes. Remove the formula from the heat and let it cool. Use a cotton ball to apply to affected areas.
8. Essential oil of lavender works great on acne. Use the lavender in a carrier oil such as olive or vitamin E. Use only a few drops of lavender oil. Use a cotton ball to apply to the scars twice or more daily.
9. Cucumbers juiced or pureed make a great facial mask. It is refreshing and soothing to the inflammation of acne and scarring.
10. Egg whites – Separate the egg from its yolk. Whip the white slightly. Apply using a cotton ball and dab on to the area in question. Leave it on your skin overnight and rinse in the morning.
Easy and inexpensive – these are great acne scar home remedies that just may save you a buck or two!
Thanks for reading and sharing. What do you think about this topic? Leave your questions, comments, and/or thoughts below!